🌟 Participate in our research! 🌟

The e-lectorate project is on a mission to create a functioning digital democracy. We want to understand how people engage in democracy through social media, and we need your help to make it happen!

We are asking people who are interested in advancing digital democracy to complete a short questionnaire about their use of social media in democracy.

Link to questionnaire: https://forms.gle/yPcJXvcTokKbQuZy7

Why Participate?

:mag: Shape the Future: Your insights will help us enhance our knowledge of how social media can shape democracy.

:ballot_box: Make an Impact: Share your experiences and opinions to contribute to a more informed, connected, and vibrant online democracy.

:gift: Exclusive Opportunity: Be part of a groundbreaking research project that aims to transform political discourse and civic participation.

Ready to Make a Difference? Click https://forms.gle/yPcJXvcTokKbQuZy7 to take the survey and share your valuable insights with us. Your participation is crucial in shaping the future of digital democracy.

Together, let’s revolutionise democratic engagement. :earth_africa::sparkles:

Sincerely,

Joseph Gaunt

Project Director
e-lectorate project

1 Like

Hey Joseph,

Love your project’s slogan - we’re on a mission to create a functioning digital democracy. Obviously that’s “co-create” if you follow the OGP process.

I read through your survey. Just can’t see what difference it might make to investigate and compare peoples use of the commercial social media platforms. I guess its a matter of what you consider social media. e.g. This discourse platform is the only one I’ve found, in the UK/English language, that directly addresses improving government. A platform where I don’t get profiled by an adtech company.

Sure, its limited primarily to revolve around the UK’s OGP project (only). But at least we can compare between one official UK government’s group’s (MSF) view of the OGP co-creation process and its secretariat’s outreach to their civil society. Both sides of the fence (as I call it)

New public political institutions eventually make their way of bridging this gap. That’s why the OGP co-creation process is such a good one. The project’s process falls down because it segments the co-design of commitments by each country. So, in the case of digital democracy co-design, the wheel - the possible technology - has been reinvented since the OGP project began. Just ask Tim from the OGP support group. (Para 5)

If you want to take the easy approach to researching how democracy might be improved, start with the basics - trust in public institutions. The leaders here are the Swiss with 87% approval as opposed to the UK & Aus where its about half that. Those figures are from an official Parliamentary enquiry.

Now, if you’re interested in inquiring into the possible technologies that might improve our public institutions then lets have a chat here (on this thread). I’m no geek. But I have spent almost 2 decades hanging out with the geeks who run the public R&E networks across Europe (and beyond).

If we’re attempting to co-create a functioning digital democracy, I’ll trust them before I trust a US multinational, or a government’s policy makers. How bout you?