The UK Open Government Network (OGN) is a coalition of active citizens and civil society organisations committed to making government work better for people by increasing transparency, participation and accountability. Join the UK OGN today!
Membership is open to any UK-based individuals or civil society organisations (subject to few basic conditions).
Once you are signed up, you can send messages to this network via the forum (+ New Topic) or by emailing: firstname.lastname@example.org
About the OGN
The OGN was formed in 2012 by members of UK civil society in response to the UK Government becoming a founding member of the Open Government Partnership – a multilateral initiative that aims to secure concrete commitments from governments to promote transparency, empower citizens, fight corruption, and harness new technologies to strengthen governance.
The OGN collaborates with and challenges governments in the UK to develop and implement ambitious open government reforms through the UK’s membership of the Open Government Partnership, and coordinates civil society advocacy on open government issues. It has partnered with the government to develop the UK’s 2013-15 and 2016-18 Open Government Action Plans.
The UK Open Government Network has an eleven-member steering group:
- Alexander Blandford, User-centred Product Management Specialist
- Colm Burns, NI Open Government Network
- Gavin Freeguard, Institute for Government
- Giuseppe Sollazzo, Digital Architect and Data Strategist
- Jess Blair, ERS Wales & Welsh Open Government Network
- Lucy McTernan, SCVO & Scotland Open Government Network
- Maria Stephens, Children’s Rights Alliance for England
- Michael Birtwistle, National Council for Voluntary Organisations
- Michelle Brook, The Democratic Society
- Rachel Davies Teka, Transparency International UK
- Tim Davies, Practical Participation
You can find out more about the OGN here: www.opengovernment.org.uk
The OGN is coordinated independently of government by Involve – a think tank and charity specialising in public participation. Involve was selected by members of the OGN to become the coordinator in September 2012.
The OGN Coordinator is Andreas Pavlou. You can contact him at: email@example.com
Notes about this Forum:
- Anyone is able to read the messages in this forum, including non-members.
- Only Network members are able to create messages and reply to messages. Become a member here.
- Only Network members are able to read and reply to messages related to advocacy activities. Become a member here.
Archive of previous forum
If you are looking to access the old forum, it has now been archived. You can access it using your old login details. To access to archive: https://forum.opengovernment.org.uk/groups/opengovuk