Network Update (July 2018) - Action Plan | OGP Steering Group | OGP Summit

OpenGov%20(1)

Network Members

I’m sure you’re all enjoying the summer gifted to us this year and have been or will be on your holidays. I want to update you on a number of areas relating to the network before I also head off on leave.

A more detailed update relating to the OGP Action Plan will be shared by ourselves and Government next week, including dates for our August engagement events.

Thanks
Paul

Update on action plan development

A number of small events have been held to crowdsource ideas for Scotland’s second Open Government Action Plan, and we will be attending Inclusion Scotland’s first ever Highland Conference tomorrow to continue this engagement. We are working with Government and a number of local organisations to schedule a series of larger events for this August - more details will be shared with you next week.

Submit your ideas for opengov

You can still have your say even if you’ve been unable to attend one of our recent events. Head over to ideas.gov.scot/open-government to browse and comment on those ideas already suggested and submit your own. Whether it’s related to open data, civic engagement, access to information, budget transparency or something completely different, we need your ideas to shape Scotland’s second Open Government Action Plan.

let's%20make%20scotland%20work%20for%20you!1%20(11)

Nominations open for 8th space

Nominations have now opened to fill the eighth space on Scotland’s refreshed OGP Steering Group, which has oversight of the development and delivery of Scotland’s 2018/20 Open Government Action Plan. If you’d like to join our network representatives on the OGP Steering Group (see below) then all you need to do is nominate yourself or another member of the network via the nomination form by Sunday 8th July 2018.

Twitter%20Posts%20(Re-imagine%20Democracy%20Conference)%20(1)

Scotland to be represented at Global Summit

The 5th OGP Global Summit takes place in Georgia later this month. Scotland will be well represented at the Summit, including the Minister, Scottish Information Commissioner, and OGP Steering Group Members Lucy McTernan and Kaela Scott. I am also working with colleagues in Colombia and at the OGP to develop and co-host a session on the role of OGP Action Plans in securing progress towards the UN Sustainable Development Goals. We’ll publish more information, including livestream links, closer to the time.

fd5dc9704991d7dbc64947122099bb0e5a82fd56