Update on Open Contracting's commitements in Open Government Action Plan

Hi all

I just wanted to bring you up to date on our progress on delivering some of the procurement commitments that were contained in Scotland’s Open Government Action Plan 2018-20.

We made three commitments in the plan:

• Consult with civil society on how best to make published procurement information useful and accessible to a wide audience by May 2019.

• Publish Scottish Government contract documentation, starting with large collaborative frameworks by June 2019

• Publish Scottish Government procurement-related spend information by December 2019.

We met our first commitment on the 21st of May 2019 when we held a consultation with civil society to ask how we could make published procurement information useful and accessible to a wide audience. I’ll be posting a note of the extremely useful feedback and ideas we received from that event soon.

I’m very pleased to say that we have also met our second commitment, with the publication of contract documents relating to the new Temporary and interim staff services frameworks 2019 to 2023. The final contract agreements for all 16 suppliers on the framework are now available to view and download. There are more contracts in the pipleline, which we’ll be publishing over forthcoming weeks and months.

We’re currently working on meeting our third commitment - the publication of procurement-related spend data by the end of this year.

If you would like to know more about open contracting or have feedback please contract opencontracting@gov.scot.

Kind Regards,

Open contracting Team.