I just wanted to bring you up to date on our progress of delivering the open contracting commitments that were contained in Scotland’s Open Government Action Plan 2018-20.
We made three commitments in the plan:
- Consult with civil society on how best to make published procurement information useful and accessible to a wide audience
- Publish Scottish Government contract documentation, starting with large collaborative frameworks
- Publish Scottish Government procurement-related spend information
As previously communicated, we delivered our first two commitments last year and I am pleased to announce that we have now completed our third commitment.
We have published the Scottish Government spend with our top 50 suppliers on the SG Statistics portal.
A few points to note:
- This spend is calculated using spend by value, during financial year 2019-20.
- These are aggregated figures based on individual transactions from the Scottish Government finance system during the period 1 April 2019 until 31 March 2020.
- The spend comprises goods, works and services. Electronic Purchase Card transactions are not included.
If you would like to know more about open contracting or have any feedback please contract email@example.com.