MutualGain is evaluating the Open Government Pioneer Project that is now in place across England, Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland. The Project focuses on the delivery of Open Government and the Sustainable Development Goals.
Open Government involves the belief that government works better for citizens when it’s transparent, participatory and accountable.
The UN Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) encompass ambitious social, economic and environmental targets. These goals require all UN members to take action to eradicate poverty, reduce inequality and manage their environmental impact.
Project outputs and activities have included the planning and delivery of webinars, conferences and workshops for civic society and engaged citizens; the trialing of collaborative digital engagement tools; and the production of policy blogs, articles and consultation responses.
We want to know how the Pioneer Project has impacted on citizens and government in promoting open government and the SDGs. We will explore:
• the level of engagement mobilised by the project
• the extent to which it has built capacity for citizens and civic society
• the progress towards raising awareness of the sustainable development goals,
• the extent to which the Project has supported greater diversity and equality of voices
• its potential outcome on society captured by ‘dream’ statements’
Please click here to be part of our survey.