Guidance on Ministerial Meetings

Hello all,

Last year I submitted an FOI request for the guidance that Cabinet Office give to Ministers on their hospitality and meeting disclosures. It was bizarrely refused, on grounds that this guidance many change in future, so it can’t be released now.
Thanks.

Thanks for sharing this.

Hello,

Thank you for this information. I think this is an odd response. I think the response was from the UK Government so have you requested an internal review and appealed to the UK Commissioner?

Look forward to hearing from you.

Carole

Carole Ewart

Convener, Campaign for Freedom of Information in
Scotland

https://www.cfoi.org.uk/scotland/ cfoiscot@gmail.com

Hi All,

I feel slightly like I owe everyone an apology. I joined this discussion group only to find myself inundated with some consultation in connection with the Selective Schools Expansion Fund (SSEF) and having to reply to the Upper Tribunal. I’m now just catching up with 6 weeks of unread email and lots of missed deadlines.

This is simply wrong. The information requested was the guidance on hospitality and meeting disclosures held by the Cabinet Office at the time the request. The corollary of this argument would be that any guidance or policy may change and therefore can’t be released. Personally I think it is worth pursuing because not doing so encourages poor behaviour. (At the risk of stating the obvious) first by asking them to review their decision then if they still refuse referring to the ICO. It is rather a lot of time and effort although doesn’t actually cost anything.

Best wishes

James

Hi All,

Sorry I broke the golden rule of replying before reading all my backlog of emails to check no-one else had replied. At least there is consistency in the replies!

Cheers

James