Come to the Official Launch of Scotland's Open Government Action Plan – 31st Jan, Edinburgh

Happy 2019 to you all, and welcome back!

The Scottish Government and Scotland’s Open Government Network would like to invite you to join us to mark the launch of Scotland’s second Open Government Action Plan, and to thank you for the input you have given to date to make this possible.

This time last year, those in Scotland working closest to the international Open Government Partnership began preparations for developing the plan. And, though it’s taken a little longer than anticipated, I’m delighted the Scottish Government and Network are launching the plan later this month on 31st January.

Register today for your place at the launch

The Action Plan will be launched by the Cabinet Secretary for Government Business and Constitutional Relations, Michael Russell and Scotland’s Open Government Network. It will be followed by an informal workshop for you to get involved, meet the people who are involved already, and talk about how we take the action plan forward together. Lunch will be provided.

The launch of the plan – which contains commitments on improvements to openness, transparency, involving people and accountability of public services – comes off the back of a few tough months of negotiation between government and civil society representatives on Scotland’s Open Government Steering Group. Thank you to all those involved .

More detail is provided on the event listing, where you can also sign up to grab your free ticket. I hope you will be able to attend this event and learn more about the role of civil society in shaping government to become more open to us all.

I look forward to seeing you there,

Paul

1 Like

Dear Paul,

Please confirm the date of the launch.

Kind regards,

Pam.

It is on 31st January from 9.00 to 13.00 at Playfair Hall, Surgeons Quarter, Nicolson Street, Edinburgh, EH8 9DW
Do join us if you can

Thank you, Doreen.

Dear Doreen,

I have booked a ticket.

Best wishes and happy New Year from Pam.

Excellent see you there

Sent from my BlackBerry 10 smartphone.

All

If you are looking to remotely join the launch of Scotland’s second Open Government Action Plan this Thursday morning (9:15-10:30), you can do so via our YouTube channel:

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCSM3qRpFP8wmOpziYO8HhPQ/featured

The final agenda is attached. Official Launch - Open Government Action Plan - 31 Jan 2019 - Agenda (final).pdf (114.1 KB)

Thanks
Paul